Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Scissor-tailed Flycatcher at Orange Airport

Its great to live in a small town full of people who enjoy natural history as much as I do. Not much gets by this crew. This morning at 9:00 AM Jeff Johnstone called my cell to report a young Scissor-tailed Flycatcher was hanging out on the fence at our local Orange Airport.


By the time I arrived there was a cadre of birders already on scene and more were on the way as word spread. The bird was most cooperative and hawked for insects around the area of the hangers.
 
Thanks to Jeff Johnstone for getting the word out so quickly
and holding on to the bird for us all to enjoy
dave@dhsmall.net
http://dhsmall.blogspot.com/
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Good one!! I have tomorrow off so i may give a try before I trim some shrubs at my folks house.
    Just found your blog Dave, very nice.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found your blog. I was there last evening and it was great to get out to the Athol/Orange area to see all of the pretty foliage and the flycatcher.

    ReplyDelete